If you are a Secure / Assured tenant then as your landlord we are responsible for some of the repairs and maintenance of your home, particularly the structure, services, fittings and shared areas. However, as a tenant, if you are safely able to do so, you are responsible for looking after the day-to-day maintenance and repairs to your own home.
Report a repair
Reporting your repair
To report your repair please phone our Service Centre on
Freephone 0800 040 8481
Our office is open from 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.
Try to avoid our busiest time between 9am and 10am on Mondays.
When you phone, please be ready to give us your name, address and phone number so we can arrange access to your home. Keep a record of the person who took your call, in case you need to talk to us again later.
If your repair isn’t very urgent, click the button below to send us a message using the form on our contact page.
Out of hours emergency
If you urgently need a repair and it’s outside our office hours, please phone our emergency service.
Emergency 020 8988 1091
If you experience any of the issues below, call our emergency number.
• Electrics unsafe
• No lights or power
• Burst pipes
• Blocked drains or toilets
• Dangerous structural problems e.g. ceilings, walls etc.
• Front door locks and access problems.
Please be aware that you will charged you for the visit if your repair isn’t an emergency.
Gas Emergency 0800 111 999
If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak or have any concerns regarding carbon monoxide, immediately open all windows and doors and extinguish any naked flames including cigarettes, then call the national Gas Emergency Services free on 0800 111 999. Once you have done this inform Oak Housing on 020 8988 4781.
We, the landlord are responsible for:
- Repairing the structure of your home
- Maintaining the services and fittings inside your home – including the plumbing, heating, electricity and gas
- Maintaining any areas outside your home – including shared areas, but excluding your garden unless it is communal.
You, the tenant are responsible for:
- Looking after your home and decorating it
- Maintaining your garden if you have one, unless it is communal
- Repairing things that get neglected, broken or lost (if Oak Housing’s assistance is required with repairing or replacing things that are broken or lost, the works will be rechargeable)
- Carrying out simple repairs such as replacing plugs, chains and toilet seats.